Tips for Taking Your Medicines Safely
Great health comes with great responsibility. Be proactive in taking good care of your health by making sure you take your medicines safely. These tips may help you get off to a great start:
- Have a medication routine. Repetition makes it easier for you to remember a task. Take your pills at the same time each day, whether it is after taking your lunch or during your favorite TV show. Missing a dose is less likely with a medication routine. Extra Tip: make a list of all your medicines and post it in a strategic location where you can see it often. Make it as comprehensive and informational as possible. Make a medication table that includes the drug’s name, dose, schedule of intake, and other special instructions.
- Keep a medication list. Jot down everything you take, and keep a copy in your bag or wallet. Take it with you whenever to see your doctor, avail a health service, or buy your refills.
Having a medication history list can keep your doctors and other health professionals informed. This is very important especially when you’re seeing several physicians. It prevents the risk of taking prescriptions that can cause problems when taken with other medicines.
- Refrain from sharing or borrowing medicines with another person. Always check with your physician before using a drug.
- Throw away expired, old, or unused medicines. Clear your medicine kit regularly to check for expired and unwanted drugs. However, do not throw your medicines directly into your garbage bins unless they are mixed with substances in order to keep other people from using them. Check with your local pharmacy or trash collector for ways on how to dispose of them properly.
- Choose one pharmacy for all your medicines. Using one drugstore helps ensure coordinated care. Prior to securing your prescriptions, let the pharmacist read your updated medication history list. Ask about your current pills, find out how to take them properly, and know what to do in case you miss a dose.
Take your medicines exactly as prescribed. If you have concerns about your medications, don’t hesitate to seek an expert’s advice. Call your doctor or consult with Orlando Pharmacy,’s pharmacists.
Why Choose Us?
Orlando Pharmacy, a retail pharmacy in Orlando, Florida, is one of the most trusted sources for cost-effective and quality medications and other medical supplies in the community.
For years, we have established an amazing connection with our customers by being their favorite specialty pharmacy in Florida. They rely on us when they can’t afford quality yet costly medications in times of sickness and poor health.
Like what you’ve read? Share this post with a loved one today. Which of these tips work for you? If you can suggest other useful tricks in improving your medication compliance, share them with us in the comments below.